Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a minor in International Commerce
International Business is a minor for entrepreneurs and senior executives specialized in business management in the global market:
This program provides the students with knowledge to develop and manage companies that operate both nationally and internationally. They will also learn the processes to create international expansion strategies to direct and create companies, participate in joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, as well as being part of international negotiation teams.
Student preparation also focuses on the exchange of knowledge and research in new markets, which is why the program is designed for academic experiences outside of Guatemala, where international markets and businesses are at the forefront of trends.
In this Bachelor’s Degree, the student acquires knowledge, techniques and negotiation faculties to lead the management of the same before world-class executives in companies and multinational corporations.
Upon graduation, the student will be ready to expand companies into international markets, obtaining diverse options of professional performance with high possibilities of entering the workforce. Program graduates will be ready to join management teams in the disciplines of negotiation, finance, corporate valuation, corporate strategy and especially in the international division of imports and exports.
Professional placement options in international business are facilitated by the relationship our students develop during their professional practices in prestigious companies.
The student of the Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a minor in International Commerce is one who:
- Is known as a “citizen of the world”. His vision goes beyond the borders of his country of residence.
- Starts and runs a self-owned company and generates work.
- Is multidisciplinary, able to get involved in several areas of the company and generate value judgments in each one of them.
- Works nationally and internationally, in a multidisciplinary team and leads it.
- Knows the latest trends in the global market, allowing him to master and take advantage of them.
- Consolidates mathematical, administrative and financial knowledge that allows the development of efficient projects.
- Is able to understand the demands of the current market with the aim of providing bilateral solutions with an international vision.
Duration: The Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a minor in International Business lasts 4 years. The first two years are from Monday to Friday from 6:50 AM to 1:00 PM and the last two years, from Monday to Friday from 2:00 to 8:00 PM.
Throughout this time, the student will experience theoretical teaching with professional practice in the best companies related to the major. The curriculum of studies provides a solid knowledge in the professional field and new trends guaranteeing the necessary comprehensive preparation whether nationally and/or internationally. We are proud that 95% of our graduates have a job related to their degree upon graduation as a result of this very successful program.
To learn more about the admission process, Click here.
To check the curriculum of the Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a minor in International Commerce, Click here.