BUSINESS AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT DEGREE
“Universidad del Istmo and Instituto Femenino de Estudios Superiores, pioneers of this degree in Guatemala since 1968”
50 years of extended experience gives us the qualification to develop highly effective professionals in the Hospitality and Services Industry”.
When you study Hospitality Management at Universidad del Istmo, you will find it is so much more than hotels. You receive an integrated business approach focused on developing Strategic Models in Service, Quality and Hospitality.
The graduates of this degree are highly competitive, because they:
- Develop dynamic management leadership skills.
- Create a full bodied approach to business making them capable to design strategic, humanistic and financial service management models directly adding value for service companies in a national and international context.
- Acquire the ability to be innovative and creative allowing them to be a trusted partner of any organization; distinguishing themselves from others in a long term and sustainable manner.
- Embody a culture of service and quality essential to a successful company, making them the “go to people” within the organization.
- Obtain the acumen to work in international chains not only in the Services Industry, but in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry as well.
- Select opportunities to participate in academic travels, cultural and international business fairs/shows, among others.
- Use strategy and decision-making simulators.
Other benefits include:
- Course offerings instructed by world renowned international professors
- Opportunities to participate in international competitions.
- Internships throughout national and international companies allowing students to gain experiential learning that develops exposure and understanding of actual operations within the hospitality/services industry. This experience helps students to identify employment opportunities upon graduation and establish a network for their immediate future. Organizations such as:
- Disney College Program with Michigan University
- Swiss Group
- EUHT ST.Pol de Mar
- Martín Berasatigui
- Universidad de la Sabana
- Universidad Panamericana and among others
- Knowing different industries and companies, identifying those that most attract attention to develop professionally.
- Upon graduation, 90% of their class will have offers for a specific job to start professional life.
- Make business contacts, personal and professional relationships for the rest of their life.
Professional Location in the following industries:
- Food and Beverage
- Travel and Tourism
- Recreational, Entertainment and Leisure
- Meeting and Convention planning
- Banking, among others.
Last 8 Semesters (4 years)