University Agreements and Internationalization
The Universidad del Istmo’s Faculty of Economic and Business Sciences develops professionals with a global strategic view, leaders and innovative people capable of running a more competitive and human business, and professionals with a deep ethical sense, as well as responsibility and reliability.
Today, the dynamics of the business world require professionals with integrated and professional formation who can grasp the national and international realities; someone who knows and respects different cultures with a global strategic view capable of decision-making in this environment.
The faculty has an international mobility program with a variety of alternatives that allow the students to develop different professional skills like living a meaningful experience in life.
The five areas that include the international mobility program are:
- Academic trips
- Student exchanges
- International competitions
- International professors
- International internships
Thanks to the academic quality that the faculty offers and to its international degree, in May 2019, the Network of International Business School (NIBS) granted the School the NIBS international accreditation. Thus, it becomes the first business school in Central America to receive the accreditation from the international network and the second in Latin America. As Guatemalans, this makes us proud, for it means the student has access to a better professional development.
Below, find the Universities and institutions that the faculty has academic agreements with:
- Universidad de Navarra / Spain
- Foro Europeo – Escuela de Negocios de Navarra / Spain
- Universidad La Sabana / Colombia
- Universidad Austral / Argentina
- Universidad Panamericana / Mexico
- Disney International College Program / USA
- National Restaurant Association Show, Chicago / USA
- International Hotel/Motel and Restaurant Show, New York / USA
- Southeast Missouri State University / USA
- Oxford Tutorial College / England
- Cesar Ritz College / Switzerland
- Schmalkalden University / Germany
- Heilbronn University / Germany
- Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT) / Ireland
- UC Leuven / Belgium
- AVANS University / The Netherlands
- International Business Academy (IBA) / Denmark
- Chengchi University / Taiwan
The experience and professional growth that students acquire participating in any of the different international mobility alternatives is invaluable.